16 February 2008

Not that way Private!

I stumbled across this website last night in doing some further research and wanted to do a quick post to share with everyone what I had found. Southern Methodist University is on a mission to save original documentation from the World War II era.



The site itself is great, and one of the best things I found was the soldier guides. Printed to help the individual soldier who knew little or nothing about the country they were invading and/or landing upon, these little manuals were similiar to the one I got in Desert Storm.

Just remember, if you are looking for these guides in particular, and not the whole exhibit, then you will need to do a title word search for best results. Here's a screenshot to help:




Have a great Saturday! I will probably not be posting tomorrow, but see you first thing Monday morning!


Links to SMU Collection

No comments: