08 February 2008

Note from the Management

Hi all,

First off, thank-you for stopping for a while and reading/subscribing to my blog! In prepping for today's link, I suddenly realized today that I never really introduced myself.

I apologize.

Professionally, I've been a librarian for a while now. It's got to be one of the most fascinating jobs ever. No, we don't just set at a desk and read books all day. Reading is part of it, but a reference librarian never has the same day twice...especially if you work a public service desk. We literally get ALL types of questions. That's what makes it fun!

I'm also a parent and father....and it is one of the hardest jobs I have ever loved. In today's busy world, I want to be there both for my wife and my kids...it's hard to do that sometimes. Is it that way for you also?

Recently, I've tried to move a bit into the freelance article world, thinking perhaps to combine my love of history with writing. I'm no Hemingway, but I enjoy writing and still have a lot to learn.

I also have some pictures on Flickr that you might be interested in. I try to focus on some of the same topics you see here: history, military history, etc. Maybe that's not interesting or maybe it is, but I guess I'll leave that up to you to decide. Here's the link just in case: http://www.flickr.com/photos/tonybandy/


Enough about me, let's talk about you. I'm not sure if you are just stopping by or you are a daily reader, but it is my goal that each time you stop, you can read about some fun and interesting facts about history, libraries or something along those lines. If you have ideas, let me know...drop a line or leave a comment. I read my own blog everyday and I'll try to respond quickly. If I should change something, let me know...I'll consider it.

Lastly, in case you are not aware, you can get this blog and each day's posts via the subscription link to the right. If you don't have an RSS reader, that might be the best option.

Now if you will excuse me for rambling on, I've got some great ideas for today's post. I should have them up a bit later today.

Talk to you later,

Tony

No comments: